Become a leader in Project Shift, a unique and engaging program bringing people together through a shared interest in increasing car-lite lifestyles in their own communities. What’s a car-lite lifestyle? Glad you asked. It means having the freedom and the ability to lead a full life in your community without depending on a car.
You can be a car-lite champion and advocate for options that increase the freedom of choice for Denverites. How? By demonstrating just how easy it is to get around without getting behind the wheel.
Project Shift West Denver is currently working on community projects in the neighborhoods of West Colfax, Villa Park, Sun Valley, Barnum West, Barnum, and Valverde.
How You’ll Create a Shift
- Become champions for active transportation options through actions and storytelling.
- Work with peers and mentors to adapt personal travel behaviors to reduce car trips.
- Develop grassroots leadership skills by working together to create and implement a project in your neighborhood.
- Establish actionable relationships with other leaders in your community and in the city.
- Create a positive community for like-minded activism and stewardship.
What to Prepare For
Project Shift is a program of WalkDenver, a nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to making Denver the most walkable city in the country. Project Shift is offered for FREE to eligible participants thanks to grants from the Colorado Health Foundation and the Denver Regional Council of Governments.