Become a leader in Project Shift, a unique and engaging program bringing people together through a shared interest in increasing car-lite lifestyles in the city and beyond. What’s a car-lite lifestyle? Glad you asked. It means having the freedom and the ability to lead a full life in your community without depending on a car.
You can be a car-lite champion and advocate for options that increase the freedom of choice for Denverites. How? By demonstrating just how easy it is to get around without getting behind the wheel.
Project Shift Central Denver is currently working on community projects in the neighborhoods of Sunnyside/Highlands, Baker/South Broadway, Curtis Park/Five Points, Park Hill, and Montclair/Hilltop. You do not have to live or work in these communities to join Project Shift. If you’re interested in advocating for multi-modal options in one of these areas, we encourage you to apply!
How We’re Creating a Shift
- Become champions for active transportation options through actions and storytelling.
- Work with peers and mentors to adapt personal travel behaviors to reduce car trips.
- Develop grassroots leadership skills by working together to create and implement a project in Denver.
- Establish actionable relationships with other leaders in the community and city.
- Create a positive community for like-minded activism and stewardship.
What to Prepare For
Project Shift is a program of WalkDenver, a nonprofit advocacy organization dedicated to making Denver the most walkable city in the country. Project Shift is offered for FREE to eligible participants thanks to grants from the Colorado Health Foundation and the Denver Regional Council of Governments.